The Oklahoma Senate Committee on Redistricting, the panel tasked with redrawing district boundaries utilizing the latest U.S. Census data, has scheduled six public hearings to give Oklahomans from every part of the state the opportunity to attend one of the hearings starting in Oklahoma City on Thursday, February 17 in the State Senate Chamber at 12:30 p.m.
“The work of this committee will impact the citizens of our state for the next ten years,” said Senator Clark Jolley, R-Edmond. “We want the public to have confidence in this process by making it open, transparent, and ensuring the opportunity for public input.”
Additional public hearings will be held in Tulsa, Poteau, Ardmore, Woodward and Altus over the next several days.
The schedule for public hearings by the Senate Committee on Redistricting is as follows:
- Thursday, February 17, 12 p.m. in Oklahoma City at the State Capitol, Senate Chamber.
- Thursday, February 17, 3:30 p.m. in Tulsa at the Greenwood Cultural Center Gallery at 322 North Greenwood Avenue.
- Friday, February 18, 12:00 p.m. in Poteau at the Buckley Library Auditorium at 408 Dewey Avenue.
- Thursday, February 24, 3:00 p.m. in Ardmore at the Southern Oklahoma Technology Center, Seminar B, 2610 Sam Noble Parkway.
- Friday, February 25, 10:00 a.m. in Woodward at the High Plains Career Tech, 3921 34th Street, Room 201 A/B, Main Building, General Management Room.
- Friday, February 25, 2:00 p.m. in Altus at Western Oklahoma State College, 2801 N. Main Street, H. Wing, Room 9.